Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Paleo Life: Update

This will be a completely honest post.  You may agree or not, whatever I don't care. lol

We have realized that we do love eating this way however for us right now its way too expensive.  Where we live is the reason! We don't have farmer's markets yet and we have limited grocery stores.  Another huge thing is the produce here sucks most of the time.  We have been able to snag some awesome strawberries from the commissary and some really good bananas lately as well too but other than that, CRAP! Half of what we buy is spoiled in like 2 days, and yes we do store everything appropriately.  Being so far North means food has to travel REALLY far so by the time it gets here its on the verge of death.

In my last post, I think we spent about $360 on food.  We still have a ton of meat in my freezer so I can't complain there.  However, we have had to go to the store a million times and have probably spend another $150.  (Let me also mention my kids are eating everything in sight right now so that doesn't help the situation either).

So we need to figure out a compromise until we get out of here.  That may mean being like 75% Paleo and having rice or something here and there.  I would still like to be gluten and dairy free and most certainly processed foods/preservative free. Our meals will still mainly be meat and veggies but I may take up some more Paleo baking and things like that.

We move to Boise, ID in a few months and then we plan on picking back up a little more seriously.  They have tons of farmer's markets and food co-ops that are wonderful and very well priced.  I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THERE! I just love Boise. lol

Anyway to the fun part.  Today is Sunday so it has been 3 weeks since we started this journey.  I am now down to 171 lbs.  So that is down about 9 lbs.  I think I look like I've lost even more than that though.  I can definitely say my muscle mass has gone up and fat has gone down.  I also need to add that I haven't been this skinny since before I had kids so HUGE WIN FOR MAMA!!!!! My goal right now is to get down to about 160 lbs. It would be ideal if I could be close to that by the middle of May when I go to a reunion for my old dance company! :)

No comments: